MPV Properties’ predecessor, Merrifield Partners, identified an opportunity to create a corporate park that combined the convenient location and proximity of Ballantyne with the aggressive tax advantages of South Carolina. 521 Corporate Center opened in 2001 as a 67-acre corporate park located three miles south of Ballantyne along the state line. The project development included:
- Identified, acquired and master planned the site
- Installed the park’s infrastructure: utilities, roads and amenities
- Developed two speculative office buildings
- Developed a 40,000 square foot build to suite for Wellman, Inc.
- Attracted corporate headquarter operations for Red Ventures, Sharonview Federal Credit Union, and Senderra Mortgage
- Established protective covenants and architectural guidelines for the park
Result: 521 Corporate Center created an ideal environment for corporate headquarter operations while establishing a precedent for first-class office parks along the Highway 521 corridor in Lancaster County.