Lancaster County was seeking to enhance job creation and diversification of their tax base by accelerating commercial development. Simultaneously, the Miller family was seeking to generate long-term financial returns from an undeveloped 300-acre tract of land in northern Lancaster County. After years of inactivity, the Miller family entered into a joint venture with MPV Properties predecessor, Merrifield Partners, to develop a project that would satisfy their financial goals, while serving the growing demand for development in northern Lancaster County. In the ensuing four years, the following was accomplished:
- Created Bailes Ridge, a 300-acre corporate office park in Lancaster County
- Obtained entitlements for two million square feet of commercial development
- Secured $2.975 million of tax increment financing sponsored by Lancaster County
- Executed a 10-year build to suit lease agreement with Hand Held Products; the 40,000 square foot facility was developed on time and on budget
- Constructed a 50,000 square feet speculative flex office building
Result: Today, the Bailes Ridge corporate park is one of the region’s most attractive corporate locations for companies seeking first-class amenities, proximity to Ballantyne, and South Carolina incentives. It is home to giants such as Keer America, Honeywell, Movement Mortgage, Cardinal Health and Unique Loom.