Builders FirstSource, a leading supplier of structural building materials to homebuilders across the country, needed to significantly expand its office and warehouse space to keep pace with the rapidly growing homebuilding industry. To reduce shipping costs, Builders FirstSource required a site with access to rail service. The project included the following accomplishments:
- Acquired and master-planned a 50-acre, rail-served site
- Extended utilities to the site
- Obtained an individual wetlands mitigation permit from the US Army Corp of Engineers for stream relocation and constructed an extended stormwater detention wetland
- In phase I, developed a 112,000-square-foot office and distribution building and provided more than 14 acres of heavy-duty asphalt for outside storage
- In phase II, added a 60,000-square-foot wall-panel production plant
Result: MPV Properties’ predecessor, Merrifield Partners, delivered the project on time and on budget, meeting the client’s objectives by engineering a site that allowed the company to cost-effectively move more inventory through the operation.