Universal Technical Institute, an automotive repair trade school with multiple locations across the country, entered into a licensing agreement with NASCAR to develop a new trade school to serve the rapidly growing market in the southeastern United States. MPV Properties’ predecessor, Merrifield Partners, was hired to oversee every aspect of this highly individualized build-to-suit project. The project included the following accomplishments:
- Selected and acquired a 12-acre site that is ideally situated for the school’s specific
- Selected and acquired a 12-acre site ideally situated for the school’s specific needs
- Master-planned a campus for initial and future use
- Developed a 150,000-square-foot technical school including classrooms and laboratory space and serving approximately 1,300 students
- Later developed a separate 60,000-square-foot auto body repair building
- Secured financing for a long-term lease
Result: This collaborative partnership with Universal Technical Institute produced the company’s newest and most successful school on schedule and within budget.