In 2014, MPV Properties identified a market opportunity for a mixed-use retail and residential project in Indian Land at the intersection of Highway 521 and Highway 160. This “gateway” location is situated at the entrance to the Red Ventures campus, which is home to more than 1 million square feet of office space and 3000 employees. RedStone is also centrally located within the Indian Land/Panhandle region of Lancaster County, which had been experiencing booming population growth as one of metro-Charlotte’s fastest growing suburbs. During this two-phase project, MPV Properties accomplished the following:
- Assembled the Phase I land (36 acres) and secured entitlements for a 150,000-square-foot retail and entertainment project
- As a part of Phase I, completed development of a 55,000-square-foot, 14-screen cineplex and 80,000 square feet of retail space across 12 buildings
- Quietly assembled 17 adjacent acres by accumulating 15 residential properties that previously comprised Pleasant Valley, a residential sub-division created in 1959
- Following the final acquisition, worked with Red Ventures and SCDOT to abandon existing right-of-way, which subsequently enabled an extension of Highway 160 to the Red Ventures campus and the successful planning/implementation of Phase II
- In 2022, received County entitlement approval to develop Phase II, a 17-acre, mixed-use project that will contain 370 multi-family units, 20 townhomes, and 29,000 square feet of retail space
Result: Phase I was completed in 2018 and quickly became the premier, go-to retail destination for residents of Indian Land and south Charlotte. Phase II will integrate seamlessly with Phase I. Anchored by a centrally located lawn for public events, it is designed as a pedestrian-friendly, mixed-use, high-density development that will serve both the retail needs of the growing Indian Land corridor as well as housing needs for Indian Land’s tech sector employment base. The Charlotte Business Journal has already honored the project with a Heavy Hitters award in the retail development category.