As one of the first developments to be built in the Ballantyne area, StoneCrest at Piper Glen was one of the first of its kind in the Charlotte market. Beautifully designed, it includes a large fountain area which has been tremendously successful in attracting huge crowds for the weekend concerts held in front of the fountain.
Target, Harris Teeter and Regal Cinema are the anchor stores and each one is in the top sales for their particular store in the Charlotte market. It has been very well received by the neighborhoods and is one of the most attractive “power centers” in the region. The development process included:
- 460,000 square feet of total development on 67 acres with a total of $65,000,000 in development cost
- Rezoning of the property and working with neighborhood leaders to address concerns
- Negotiation of Anchor Store lease documents
- Complete coordination of the development
- Leasing of over 80,000 square feet of shop space
- Weekly meetings with architects to determine the solutions to multiple design issues